Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 10: Jiggity, Jig, Hee Haw, Hee Haw

One of my favorite Christmas songs of all times is "Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey." I didn't even know of its existence until I met JM and found it on one of his Christmas cds. I highly recommend it.

 I'm back to what I knit best--animal hats!  This hat wasn't even on my list, but my friend Sara guessed I was making a donkey hat last week and I loved the idea. This one is a basic hat, with ears......
 a tail......
 and a forelock!
 Squeaker's 6 month birthday present. Well, no, that's just a coincidence. Actually, we didn't even realize that's what day it was--his day care teacher pointed it out!

 To coin a phrase from my friend Anna, mom to Mr. Boy, recipient of the eyeball hat, Squeaker is: "So cute it makes your ovaries hurt."
Here's the pattern, if you're interested: http://www.etsy.com/listing/70962603/baby-donkey-hat-pattern-knit

Have a lovely sunny day!
Kate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I love the hat too! Kerry

ErinM said...

OMG. Anna is totally right! He looks adorable!