Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week 6: Liberty Tomato

I'm naming this tomato the Liberty tomato. I finished it last night at the capitol, during a knit-in hosted by the Sow's Ear. There were dozens, if not hundreds, of knitters picking up their needles in protest to stupid Scott Walker's asinine budget repair bill. There were hundreds (maybe thousands?) of people all over the capitol, protesting their hearts out. I finished this sweet little tomato hat in the midst of all that pulsating democracy. 
 Squeaker modeled the hat for me this morning. I love it!  I made it out of cotton for my friends' hot-headed little baby and the colors are perfect.

 I'm more than a little sad I'm giving this one away, I really like it. It's okay though, because I know it will be loved. MJ, it's coming to you soon!
I think the leaves are my favorite part. I am pleased that they actually look like tomato leaves.
Here's me with my knitting peeps last night.


Here's me this afternoon with the ever adorable Squeaker. Notice anything different?


Here's the pattern:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/68942606/baby-tomato-hat-pattern-knit?ref=v1_other_1

Take care!
Kate

PS I think "Pulsating Democracy" would be a great name for a band.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Cute hat, and CUTE HAIRCUT! Wanna do those pink highlights sometime soon? We've got the dye, and I'm due for a rebleach. Let me know.

Amanda said...

Your hair looks awesome!!! I love it! And "Liberty Tomato" is so clever. Awesome. And your leaves are so tomato-y! Remember how Harriet the Spy loved tomato sandwiches? Tee hee.

ErinM said...

AAH!! You did it! It looks GREAT!! I also love the hat, and yes, that is an awesome band name.

Sara Colopy said...

The hat is wonderful! Love the haircut!