Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week 25: Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Dimple-cheeks Squeakerpants, that's who!  Yup, the hat for week 25 was a lovely little pineapple hat.

It's made using a cotton tweed yarn that I really like.  It's lightweight and pretty easy to work with. 
I created a sort of "modified" popcorn stitch so it would like like the pattern on a pineapple. The stitch is a little more open too, so it's a good summer hat. Nice and cool!

I have big plans for the next hat--it marks the halfway point! I can't believe I am working on my 26th hat! Okay, big plans may be a bit of an overstatement, really, it's just a hat that's been on my list for a long time that I just haven't done yet. I think "chicken hat" was on the list right after "penguin hat."  I think it will be super adorable. I have visions of a little comb, a beak, cute little wings, and of course, perfect chicken legs. I can't wait!

Take care,
Kate

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Move over, Carmen Miranda! Super cute. Can't wait to see the chicken legs next week!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Your little guy is getting so big! Kerry