Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 34 (and 35!): Fall is totally here.

I've been in denial. I don't want fall to be here. I'm not ready to let go of summer. I still want to go for long bike rides and play in the garden and to enjoy the sun being out at 8 or 9pm. Boo.

I do love fall though. All three of us--JM, Squeaker, and I have fall birthdays. I love the changing leaves, the pumpkins, the apples, and the return of the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. Mmmm.  Most of all, it's time to wear hats again!!  Squeaker has been doing a lot of modeling of hats, and not so much wearing of hats.

The three of us leave for Nashville tomorrow morning (at 5am, boo!) and I'm not sure I'll have a change to get up the pictures for this week. I'm going to try my best to get it done tonight but no promises. I can give you the verbal sneak peak though--Week 34 was a super cute, super sweet apple!  I was pretty excited because Squeaks wore it to daycare this morning--since it was only 33 degrees outside. Yikes.

Wait until you see pictures, it's great!  I haven't decided what kind of apple it is, maybe a Cortland? Or a Rome?  It's dark red--definitely not a red delicious though, that's the one kind of apple I don't like. And that's saying a lot because I love, love, love apples.  Just out of college I worked at Honey Hill Orchard for two autumns and it was one of my favorite jobs ever. I still have a secret dream of owning an orchard. Mostly because I would get to eat unlimited apples. I'm only a little embarrassed to say that I ate no less than 3 apples every day I worked there. They are the ones who introduced me to the amazing Honeycrisp apple. Ah, tasty memories.

Well, go eat an apple, enjoy some fall flavored coffee, and hopefully I have pictures tonight!
Take care,
Kate

No comments: