Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 31: Did you know there is a World Carrot Museum?




I didn't either. Not until this very moment. It seems appropriate then, that this week's hat is a lovely, luscious, delicious carrot!









                      
       Squeaker was "helping" me pick tomatoes and having a grand old time. I did knit this hat using some carrot-y colored wool yarn, so he was only able to wear it for about 2 minutes before spontaneously combusting.
I dug up a few tiny carrots from the garden for him to play with. I thought they would be cute props for our "photo shoot." Little did I know, he would proceed to play with them for the next 20 minutes. Interestingly enough, he didn't once try to put them in his mouth.







The tomato was a different story. He did put that in his mouth and actually bit into it. I think he was very surprised by the taste! None of his other toys have exploded when he chewed on them.
















Enjoy this week's hat--and go check out the World Carrot Museum!





Take care!
Kate

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It's perfect! I love how the top turned out!