Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 21: Halfway done (with the reversible that is)....

Ahh, so cool and delicious looking!  I finished part one of my reversible watermelon hat last night. Since one of my goals is to have a picture of Squeaker every week over the course of a year, I needed a picture of him in the partially finished hat. 
 He was very intrigued by the stitch marker that was hanging in his face and by the trail of yarn attached to the hat.
 
It looks so good! I love the stripes and the colors are great. I have the other side to the hat mapped out in my head--the green rind, the white inner layer, a light pink layer, then darker pink with black seeds for the "meat" of the fruit.  I think the trick is going to be getting the sizing right so one hat easily turns into the other.
I'll keep you posted on the progress!
 Take care,
Kate

1 comment:

Amanda said...

While you're knitting this, I hope you're exclusively using the word "melon" to refer to K's head.