Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 20: The eggplant hat and a verdict

You can already tell this kid is going to grow up to be a ham. Look how big he's getting!  
This hat is so cute and so eggplant-y. 
It's made using beautiful cotton yarn. Colors are perfect. 
It has three leaves and a teeny-tiny little I-cord at the top. Just like a real eggplant!


Squeaks with his favorite toy--a Fisher Price phone, circa 1986; a great garage sale find at $0.25!  

On to the verdict! This is concerning the "is it cheating" question. I polled my knitting friends and it was a split vote. So, I decided that I am going to make the reversible watermelon hat and count it as two hats, but in the pattern I will provide the instructions for not one, not two, but three hats!  1--The watermelon shell, 2--The delicious pink watermelon inside, 3--The directions for the two together as a reversible. I think that seems fair. I'm starting on the stripey outside of the watermelon tonight!

Take care,
Kate

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

He looks good in purple. Who's he talking to on the phone?

Amanda said...

So eggplanty! I love it! And his smile is so so so sweet!