Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 18: Asteraceae

I can't pronounce it, I don't know about you. That would be the scientific name of this week's hat though, the common daisy. I looked up "daisy" on wikipedia and found all sorts of interesting things! For example, I had no idea how many: actresses, characters, cities, and songs are either named Daisy or have daisy in the title.

I love this week's hat, it turned out so much cuter than I expected. This one was another homeless hat, but it was so lovely I decided to keep it for Squeaker. He already put it to work--he wore it while lounging in the stroller (as I worked in the garden).






Instead of separate petals like the bluebell hat, I knitted 4 petal ends, then connected them and used a little garter stitch to outline the shape.
 It has the same kind of leaves as the previous 2 flower hats. I really like the way they look.

I made it using I nice cotton yarn--it's actually the leftover from Francine's Bunny Hat.
Now Squeaker and FranFran have sibling hats. I love that baby hats don't take much yarn!



So, so, so sweet!







Here's the pattern if you're interested: http://www.etsy.com/listing/74597693/baby-daisy-hat-pattern-knit

Take care,
Kate

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Super adorable! Love it!